Health Check before buying a dog Part 2
Look over the puppy’s body, checking the following points:
- Skin: depending on the breed, the skin should have loose folds.
- Coat: should be clean and shiny.
- Tail root: check for fleas.
- Anal area: should be clean.
- Belly: should be supple and reasonably flat.
- Ears: check the edges for lice.
- Nose: should be cool and moist, with no discharge.
- Eye: should be open and bright.
Anyone selling an adult dog should be able to supply details of its medical history and vaccinations.