5 Reasons why dogs make great pets
Ever heard the saying, “A dog is a man’s best friend”? Dogs are beloved by people everywhere as their preferred furry companion. Never had a dog and wondering what the fuss is about?
This article will break down 5 reasons why dogs make good pets and why you should go adopt a pup today.
1) Dogs Watch Your Back: One of the most practical perks of having a dog is that they’ll guard your home and your loved ones.Home invaders are far less likely to intrude on your home if they hear or see a dog present.
Dogs will bark anytime anyone tries to enter your home which will alert you to the danger and warn the intruder to back off.
Read also: How to stop a dog’s aggressive behaviour
You’ll sleep better at night knowing your furry friend has their ears perked up and listening for any signs of danger.
2) Dogs Will Keep You Active: Having a dog is good for your health as they absolutely must get exercise.
Take your dog on a daily walk or jog so that you can both get your heart rates up and de-stress. Walking just 20 minutes a day with your pup can reduce your risk of heart disease by 8 percent.
3) Dogs Bring You Friends: Our society has become wary of talking to strangers in public. If you have a dog in your hand walking next to you, that fear totally goes away.
You’ll start to notice that everyone wants to talk to your dog and pet him as well as ask you questions about him. People love dogs. There are plenty of meet up groups available online for people who have the same dog breed. Take your pup to one of these meetup groups and both you and your pup will make new fur-ever friends.
Read also: Elbow hygroma in dogs
4) A Dog Can Make You Feel Less Alone: One of the reasons why dogs make good pets is because they help with loneliness.
There are times in life where we aren’t surrounded by lots of friends and family members.
During these times, having a dog as a companion can be very comforting. Dogs love being around their owners and love to please them. You’ll always have your dog to cuddle with, eat dinner with, or head to a dog-friendly bar. You’ll discover quickly that your dog will become your most loyal friend.
5) Dogs Relieve Stress: Petting a dog is proven to be good for relieving anxiety.
Your dog doesn’t have to be a licensed therapy dog to bring you these benefits. Petting your dog increases feelings of contentment and relaxation. Unlike most cats, dogs love the affection and attention of petting.
Contributed by: sykesville centenary clinic
For more information and updates join us on WhatsApp: https://chat.whatsapp.com/Gyawwec0FzvEdDCRBZErbG