Importance of Regular Veterinary Care
Pets are part of the family so it only makes sense that you would take care of them the same way you would a member in your family. Just like people, pets need to see the doctor for regular veterinary care. Be going to the vet’s office, many problems can be caught early and treated before they turn into bigger problems. Monitoring your pet’s health is important to make sure he or she is as healthy as possible.
- Vaccine: Just like people, animals need their vaccines too. There are many diseases that animals can now be inoculated against to help improve their overall lifespan. Depending on where you go and what you plan to do with your animal, the trained specialists at Normandale Veterinary Hospital can help select the right vaccines for your animal. Another important service offered at Normandale is spaying and neutering your pet. For every 10,000 babies born, nearly 70,000 puppies and kittens are born. Sadly, a good portion of these animals will end up in shelters or euthanized. By spaying or neutering your pet, not only can you help save animal lives, you can help improve your animal’s overall health.
- Read also: 5 common Dog illness that are impacted by nutrition
- Heartworm: Heartworm is spread from one animal to another through a parasitic worm that is transferred via mosquito bite. The infection can sit dormant in the animal’s system for 6 months or longer before the animal would show any sign of infection. One sure way to diagnose heartworm is through blood screening. Sadly, for animals not receiving regular general care, heartworm is often caught too late and can be fatal. The good news though is that if caught early, heartworm can be treated and is fully preventable through regular medicine.
- Surgery: Whether it is major or minor surgery, the attentive medical staff at Normandale can help your animal. They are fully trained in all aspects of anesthetic protocol and can ensure the anesthesia is catered exactly for your pet. At Normandale, they believe that pain management after surgery is equally as important too. They are very experienced in orthopedic surgery, including surgery to repair broken bones, repair joints, or fix torn cruciate ligaments.
- Read also: tips for taking care of your dog
- Dentistry: Regular dental maintenance is key to maintaining an overall healthy animal. Not only does it prevent bad breath, but it can help prevent disease. Infections that start in the mouth can easily enter your animal’s blood stream and travel to major vital organs. Regular dental care can help prevent more serious health concerns.
Grooming: Every animal has to look good! But grooming is also a part of regular veterinary care that is very important. Having a clean, tangle free coat is important for skin health, and groomed nails and clean teeth help with overall health. The staff at Normandale can help with everything fro baths, nail trims, hair trims, cleaning teeth, and anal gland expression.
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter Here