Caring for your dog
Owning a dog is great fun and immensely rewarding. But given that dogs have complex needs, our expert advice will help you ensure your dog is healthy and happy. Take a look around and learn more about caring for a dog!
Read also: 5 steps to a dog friendly home
A few facts about dogs
- Dogs have highly developed senses – including an incredibly well-developed sense of smell, far superior to humans. They can also see better than us in dark and dim light, as well as hearing in ultrasound and detecting sounds up to four times quieter than humans can hear!
- Dogs use a range of methods to communicate – including scent information, sounds such as whines, whimpers, growls, barks and howls, and also body language using their body, face, tail, ears and limbs.
- Dogs are athletic – the fastest recorded speed for a greyhound is 42mph, similar to that of a mounted racehorse!
- Dogs are highly social – many dogs enjoy the company of other dogs, but they’ll also form strong social bonds with humans, becoming very attached to particular people in their lives.
Read also: 11 signs of poisoning in dogs
- Dogs can learn the names of their toys. For example, Rico, a border collie, learned the names of 200 toys and can reliably fetch the correct toy when asked to.
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter Here