🌼6 possible reasons why your dog is not growing as you want
1. Genetics: Each breed of dog has its own unique traits, including its growth rate, physical size, and other characteristics. Some breeds have a naturally slow growth rate and may not reach their full size until they are over a year old. Additionally, if your dog is a mixed breed, it may inherit traits from different breeds that could impact its growth rate.
Read also: 10 ways to really raise a good dog
2. Nutrition: Proper nutrition is essential for a dog’s growth and development. If your dog is not getting enough food, or if its diet is imbalanced, it may not grow as quickly as you would like. Additionally, if your dog is not getting the right nutrients, such as calcium or vitamin D, it may not be able to build strong bones and muscles.
3. Health issues: If your dog is sick, it may not be able to grow properly. Infections, parasites, and hormonal imbalances can all contribute to slow growth. If you suspect that your dog is not growing as it should be, it’s important to take it to the vet to rule out any underlying health issues.
4. Exercise: Just like humans, dogs need exercise to be healthy and strong. If your dog is not getting enough exercise, it may not be able to build muscle or develop properly. Make sure that your dog is getting enough physical activity every day to support its growth and development.
5. Age: Different breeds of dogs have different growth timelines. Smaller breeds may reach their full size in just a few months, while larger breeds may take up to two years to reach their full size. If your dog is getting closer to the end of its growth period, it may not grow as quickly as it did when it was younger.
6. Stress: Stress can have a negative impact on a dog’s growth and development. If your dog is living in a stressful environment, such as a home with a lot of noise or activity, it may not be able to grow as quickly as it should. Make sure that your dog has a calm, safe space where it can relax and grow.
CREATED BY DR. JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter HERE
Join our Telegram group HERE