🔺7 common dog health problems every dog owners should know
1. Obesity: Obesity is a common problem among dogs as they tend to gain weight easily if they are not given enough exercise or fed a balanced diet. Obesity can lead to various health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, and joint problems. To prevent obesity, dog owners should ensure their dogs are getting enough exercise and a healthy diet.
Read also: 7 ways to effectively manage an obese dog
2. Dental problems: Dental problems such as tartar buildup, gum disease, and tooth decay are common in dogs. These problems can lead to bad breath, pain, and infection. Dog owners should brush their dog’s teeth regularly and take them to the vet for dental checkups.
3. Parasites: Dogs can be affected by various parasites such as fleas, ticks, and worms. These parasites can cause skin irritation, anemia, and other health problems. Dog owners should use parasite prevention products and take their dogs to the vet for regular checkups and treatments.
4. Allergies: Dogs can develop allergies to various things such as food, pollen, or dust. Allergies can cause itching, rashes, and other symptoms. Dog owners should identify the allergen and avoid it as much as possible. They can also give their dogs allergy medication or allergy shots.
5. Arthritis: Arthritis is a common problem among older dogs. It can cause joint pain and stiffness, making it difficult for dogs to move around. Dog owners should provide their dogs with joint supplements and take them to the vet for treatment.
6. Ear infections: Ear infections are common in dogs with floppy ears or those that swim frequently. Ear infections can cause pain, swelling, and discharge. Dog owners should clean their dog’s ears regularly and take them to the vet for treatment if an infection occurs.
Read also: How to succeed as a veterinarian
7. Cancer: Cancer is a common problem among dogs, especially older dogs. Cancer can affect various parts of the body and can cause symptoms such as lumps, weight loss, and lethargy. Dog owners should take their dogs to the vet for regular checkups and watch for any unusual symptoms. Early detection is key to successful treatment.
CREATED BY DR JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Like our page on Facebook HERE
Join our Telegram group HERE