🔺7 ways to ensure that your pet dog is free of ticks throughout the year
1. Check Your Dog Regularly: One of the easiest ways to ensure your pet dog is free of ticks is to check them regularly. Run your hands over their coat to check for bumps or unusual lumps. Ticks are commonly found in areas like the ears, underbelly, and groin, so be sure to pay extra attention to these areas.
2. Use Tick Preventive Products: There are a variety of tick preventive products available on the market, including topical treatments, collars, and oral medications. These products work by killing ticks or repelling them from your pet dog. Consult with your veterinarian to determine which product is best for your dog.
Read also: 7 ways to effectively manage an obese dog
3. Keep Your Lawn Mowed: Ticks thrive in tall grass and wooded areas, so keeping your lawn mowed and free of debris can help reduce the number of ticks in your yard.
4. Use Tick Deterrents: Certain plants, like lavender and lemongrass, have natural tick-repelling properties. Planting these in your yard or applying essential oils to your dog’s coat can help deter ticks.
5. Bathe Your Dog Regularly: Giving your dog a bath with a tick-repelling shampoo can help kill and prevent ticks. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and avoid getting the shampoo in your dog’s eyes.
6. Keep Your Home Clean: Ticks can easily hitch a ride into your home on your pet dog. Keeping your home clean, vacuuming regularly, and washing your pet’s bedding in hot water can help prevent ticks from infesting your living space.
7. Consult With Your Veterinarian: If you’re concerned about tick prevention, or if you find a tick on your pet dog, consult with your veterinarian. They can recommend the best prevention methods and can safely remove any ticks that are found.
🧩CREATED BY DR. JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter HERE
Join our Telegram group HERE