🔺8 uncommonly known facts about small dogs breeds
1. Dachshunds were originally bred to hunt badgers. Their long and narrow bodies allowed them to chase the prey into its burrow and their tenacity allowed them to hold it there until the hunter arrived.
2. Shih Tzus were bred to be companions for Chinese royalty. They were pampered and treated like royalty themselves, often being carried around in palanquins.
3. Bichon Frises were popular circus dogs in the 19th century. They were trained to perform tricks and were great at entertaining crowds.
4. Pugs have been around for thousands of years and were kept as pets by Chinese royalty. They were even given their own soldiers to protect them!
5. Chihuahuas are the smallest dog breed in the world. They were named after the state of Chihuahua in Mexico and were originally bred for companionship.
6. Papillons get their name from the French word for “butterfly” because of their distinctive ears that resemble butterfly wings.
7. Pomeranians were originally much larger and used for herding livestock. Queen Victoria of England is credited with breeding them down to their current size and popularizing them as lapdogs.
8. Yorkshire Terriers were originally bred to catch rats in textile mills in England. Their small size allowed them to navigate the machinery and their tenacity made them great hunters.
🧩CREATED BY DR JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter HERE
Join our Telegram group HERE