🔺15 exciting facts about bulldogs that you may not know
1. Bulldogs originated in England in the 16th century as a result of breeding mastiffs and terriers.
Read also: 12 types of peace loving dogs for you
2. Bulldogs were originally used for bull-baiting, a sport that involved setting dogs to attack a tethered bull.
3. In 1835, bull-baiting was outlawed in England, leading to a decline in the bulldog population.
4. Bulldogs are known for their wrinkled faces, which are caused by their skin being loose and folded.
5. Bulldogs have a distinctive underbite, which is a result of their lower jaw being pushed forward.
6. Despite their tough appearance, Bulldogs are known for being gentle and affectionate with their owners.
7. Bulldogs are prone to health issues, including breathing problems due to their flat noses and skin infections due to their wrinkles.
8. Bulldogs have short, stocky bodies and weigh between 40-50 pounds on average.
9. Bulldogs come in a variety of colors, including brindle, white, fawn, and black.
10. Bulldogs are known for their stubbornness and can be difficult to train.
11. Bulldogs have a high tolerance for pain, which can make it difficult for owners to recognize when they are sick or injured.
12. Bulldogs are loyal and protective of their families, making them great watch dogs.
13. Bulldogs are not known for their athleticism and require minimal exercise.
Read also: 10 reasons why a pet dog may lose appetite
14. Bulldogs have a lifespan of 8-10 years on average.
15. Bulldogs have been featured in popular culture, including as the mascot for several sports teams and in the animated film “Tom and Jerry.”
🧩CREATED BY DR JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE
For more information and updates join our WhatsApp group HERE
Follow us on Twitter HERE
Join our Telegram group HERE